Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crunch Time!


Well we are into the -20 day area now and it is starting to freak me out. I've been trying to get the house in perfect order for all the visitors and such, but at this rate I am going to run out of time before I can get to the food storage room etc. At least most of the upstairs is clean.

Our lives are once again about to change. I like to think that this is going to be an easy transition, since Madeline will be in school throughout the day the baby will not seem like she is getting so much more attention than Madeline is.

She is so incredibly excited to be a big sister, and her list of things that she wants to teach the baby is astounding. She tells everyone that she is going to have a little sister and that she knows baby will be loud and need a lot of attention at first, but that babies grow up.

Sheesh, yeah, babies grow up. Look who's talking?! Madeline's almost 7!! It seems almost unfair how fast they grow up. Feels a bit like we have been cheated out of something. Though I hope when Madeline looks back at her childhood filled with vacations and camping adventures and plane rides and local excursions that she will not feel that she has been left out in any way.

She started soccer again this week, and she is doing incredibly well! Her first game was last night and they won the first game and lost the second one. (They do half games and switch up the teams.) Here's hoping that it won't be so cold for the rest of her games though. Grandma W and I froze our butts off out there watching her.

Anyways, I'm not too sure how much time I am going to have to post again until after the baby is born. I will make sure that there are pictures up as soon as possible though, so that no one is kept waiting.

*Hugs to all*

~Sara


No comments: