Sunday, March 13, 2011

Crafty Things - Repost from baby blog

So we ordered that Moses Basket and it arrived five days from our purchase. It got here, and I realized that to attach the hood to the base it was just velcro. Well, as sturdy as that is, I could envision it adhering to all sorts of things, be that the car, peoples clothing or even the dog.

So I rushed out to buy some ribbon that matched the theme in the room and I weaved it around the velcro to seal it all away. With the added benefit that it gave the basket a bit of color.

I was feeling pretty crafty that day, I seem to get a lot of crafty days lately, so I made a matching pillow for the crib and had some leftover fabric. I used that to make a summer blanket for the Moses Basket that we can also use for a changing pad surface if we need to.



The basket is pretty large, but the only way I could think of to show that was to have Madeline lay down beside it. :)


Today I had a moment where I could sit down and used that time to make this cute little clipie/bow/flower organizer for the baby's room. It was so easy! I promised Madeline we would go look for a large frame for her very soon so I can make her one backed in purple to match her room.


1 comment:

Kayla said...

I have yet to see the need for a Moses Basket until now! It's so wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!