Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today's Baby and Bump Forum Post




I'm having a scan in two hours to see where baby is
positioned, and I am so excited that I can not
contain myself. If it wasn't for the fact that I have
to fast for the 8 hours before, I'd really be having
a great time of it! So I've been keeping myself busy
by cleaning and having hubby take a picture of me
and my bump at 37 weeks.

But first, here's 27 weeks as a comparison:


Then 37 weeks. Sheesh can you tell I'm tired?


I'll update this thread with pictures from the scan today
once we get home! YAY

Edit:

So we got our ultrasound, but our little one was not
really co-operating much. She is head down, and
her back is towards my belly button, which they tell
me is a good thing, not that it matters since she will
be born via c-section on the 18th anyway.
The machine said she will be 7lbs +. We didn't get
any actual pictures because she was facing away
from the sonographer and was NOT willing to turn
for her under any circumstances. But we did get a
split second shot in the video she gave us that lets
us see her cute little chin, perfect little cherub lips
and pudgy little cheek. If you look closely you can
even see nostrils. She is laying on her side in this
picture, and the top of her head is to the right,
although you can not see it.

We are SO excited.


2 comments:

Kayla said...

I am just starting to follow your blog and wanted to know why you are getting a c-section. I may have to get one because my baby is in the frank breech position as of last check-up.

By the way, in your picture at 37 weeks...you do NOT look tired. hehe. :)

Sara Wootton said...

Our first daughter was a week and a half overdue, when we went in for our induction date they started me on pitocin and cervadil, but we never made progress past a 2 in dilation. At this point many hours had passed and baby was starting to go into distress. It was later discovered (During the c-section) that she was both too large for my pelvis and she had also twisted sideways and had her shoulder stuck against my pelvic bone. The emergency c-section saved both of our lives. Her heart rate had gone waaaay down, while mine had skyrocketed, so we were rushed off to emergency surgery.

This time around, the doctors are sure that I would only have a 10% chance of a VBAC,since my body never dilates even with medication, I agree with them. We'd prefer to have it all planned out and know what is going to happen, and this way we are not terrified as we are rushed into the Operating room.

Sections are NOT as bad as some people make them out to be, at least, by my experience. Good luck and Welcome! :)